This course covers regulations and common practices that provide for the safe transport of radioactive materials by highway.
Materials will be provided to facilitate completing the course.
Successful completion is achieved with a passing score of 80% or better on a written exam.
Successful participants receive a certification stating that the training meets the requirements of 49 CFR 172, Subpart H.
This course is designed for any hazardous material employee who drives a motor vehicle or commercial mother vehicle transporting Class 7 radioactive material.
Math Skills Proficiency
• Applicability of Offerors
• Radioactive Materials and Safety History
• Classification and Shipping Names
• Package Inspection and Loading
• Load Securing Principles
• Radiation and Contamination Limits
• Labels, Markings, Placards
• Shipping Papers
• Security Awareness