This course is designed to provide participants instruction on the DOT Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) load securement requirements in 49 CFR 393.100-136. Course participants have the opportunity to use current copies of applicable regulations and gain familiarity with those regulations. The emphasis of this course is to ensure that cargo is properly loaded, distributed, and secured in or on the transport vehicle. This class can be expanded to 8 hours, which includes a hands-on practical demonstration.
Materials will be provided to facilitate completing the course.
Successful completion is achieved with a passing score of 80% or better on a written exam.
Successful participants receive a certification stating that they completed the course.
Any person responsible for loading and securing cargo for transport.
• Training Requirements for Loading and Securing Cargo
• Vehicle Weight Restrictions and Cargo Placement Requirements
• Performance Criteria for Cargo Securement Devices
• Different Types of Load Securing Devices
• Working Load Limit (WLL)
• Practical Application of Securing Cargo to the Vehicle
• En Route Vehicle Inspection Requirements